Greenboy Touch Version 1.5! iOS exclusive
- A Completely updated UI to make the game more professional.Feedback has been great, but graphics are said to need work.It's on the way.
- Possible Art updates, again with the Graphics
- An Entire new open world! P.S: Expect me in it
Ok, that's currently planned for Version 1.5 of Greenboy Touch & like it says an iOS exclusive.I'll be honest, sales haven't been great on Android and also iOS.Lots downloaded when Free, but not a lot of people bought the game.Which brings me to the long term goals.
Recently speaking at The Smartphone and Tablet Games Summit, I had a chance to catch a few panels and keynotes and what I learned is:
- Freemium is the next big thing, I want to make the game free soon, but implement ads, in-app purchases for example:Buying new worlds, Removing ads and things like that.One of the speakers pointed out something interesting:What paid app has ever reached No.1 on the Top Grossing charts? Exactly
- I am also interested in things like Virtual Currency and I really like Tapjoy.Tapjoy is a virtual currency system that in the game instead of in app purchases, you click ads that earn you virtual currency in the game to buy virtual goods (Again removing ads or buying new worlds) and how I think this beats in App Purchases is that, even though the user isn't paying for anything, the developer is still monetizing.Question: 'Would you rather unlock a new world by downloading some free, probably fun game or paying real money.Exactly.