Hey guys, Jordan here.Haven't updated in a WHILE! So, today I thought I might do it.
- In Early April I spoke at a College conference in Portsmouth, England.
- In Mid April we won the Best Innovation Award in the Junior Category at the Student Enterprise Awards in Croke Park - I was completely thrilled!
- I spoke at both the Festival of Games and TNW Conference in Amsterdam in Late April.Both amazing conferences and I made AMAZING contacts! You can check out an awesome interview I did with NOS 3:
- And Last Week I had the absolutely amazing opportunity to face the Dragons on Junior Dragons Den! I was on last and I got the €2,000 bursary from Peter Casey, which I am so grateful for.Every single project on the show was outstanding and Everyone in my opinion was a winner.Not only did I get the bursary, but I also got a HUGE amount of exposure! I met a number of different contacts, sold a ton of copies, Received 500 Twitter mentions in the space of 10 minutes & made 330 followers within a day, which is amazing! Also, for about 20 minutes, I was the #1 Trending Topic in Ireland:
Next week is a pretty huge week for me for 2 reasons:
- I have Summer Exams that week which should be fun :)
- I am going to Silicon Valley! I will be speaking at the TiEcon event next Saturday in the heart of the county! I am HUGELY excited and I have a lot of other things planned while I'm there.It is amazing opportunity and I couldn't get there without the support of the City Council, Enterprise Ireland and The City Enterprise board!
Update on My Little World and Projects
So, My Little World, how is that going? I know I haven't gave you an update for a while.First things first, I am delaying the release until October, again to give me more time to work on the game, I plan to launch it at an event.
So how is the game development going?
Well for the past month or so, I've really been working on back end stuff.Such as: A Save and Load System, A Pause Menu, Main Menu upgrades, animation, I've developed a collision system.
So, I've taken a break from the game for the next couple of days to focus on exam studying without the worry of the game.But, what I have been doing in other development is:
- Thought Jotter: A Note Application for iOS and Android which I plan to work on over the Summer.It is the basic germ for a Social Network I'm building
- A web browser series codenamed "C-Browse" The motto is: "Straight to the Point... and Click" It means it doesn't distract you from anything other than web browsing, it saves all your passwords and cookies, etc. I have a Windows pre pre Alpha test written in C# and I plan to write the Mobile & Mac Versions in Flash.I will update you on this
So, what's the one game I've been working on that hasn't had an update in a while? That's right... Food World!
Well, as you may know we launched the Food World Feedback Test in Early January and I said Feedback was very positive.We took all of your advice and we are currently very close to Full launch.This will include:
- A revamped website
- A hugely revamped, bigger game
- A Food World Animated Series
- A registration system
Well guys, that's it for now, I will keep you updated as much as I can!
Thanks Again guys!